Suitable for: Year 11
Duration: 2 hours a for 10 days; 20 hours total
Writing Skills 301 is a Year 11 course designed for students to brush up their skills before embarking on the HSC. Through reading sample writing and peer review, students learn to finesse their writing process, and prepare them for the new HSC Module C: The Craft of Writing. Students will review and write in the text types below.
Student Writing Outcomes:
- Speeches and multimodal presentations
- Personal essays
- Persuasive writing
- Discursive writing
- Creative writing
- Reflection statements.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Learning and practising a range of text types as required by the current HSC syllabus
- Structuring essays and creative writing
- Reading and considering a range of texts from the perspective of a writer
- Refining exam skills for different types of writing
- Giving feedback about peers’ writing
- Editing and re-drafting after peer and tutor feedback
- Reflecting on the writing process, and writing reflection statements.