Module A: The Tempest + Hag-seed
Suitable for: Years 11-12 | Duration: 3 hours a day for 3 days; 9 hours total
Prerequisites: Literary Techniques (available during school holidays)
Does your study room feel like a prison? Do you feel like plotting revenge? Before you do anything drastic, know that Shakespeare Academy’s Boot Camp can develop your writing skills so that they’re indistinguishable from magical powers. In this course, students will compile and refine their notes, which they will then use to answer a range of essay questions about The Tempest and Hag-Seed.
In addition to learning about both texts, students will also develop and refine their writing skills to prepare them for Module A of the HSC (English Advanced).
Student Writing Outcomes:
- Forming strong introductions, body paragraphs, and conclusions that answer a range of HSC essay questions
- Writing full essays as per the Module A requirements
Student Learning Objectives:
- Planning and writing essays
- Reviewing and redrafting essays
- Exploring how form and content are related
- Considering how context influences interpretations
- Analysing techniques from different media
- Gaining critical thinking skills by comparing texts and interpretations
- Improving writing skills specifically for Module A and more generally for HSC English