Suitable for: Years 11-12
Prerequisites: Poetry for Beginners OR Poetry 2A.
Duration: 3 hours a week for 5 days; 15 hours total
You know the adage: sequels are always better than the originals. If you loved Toy Story 2, The Godfather Part II, and Terminator 2, you’ll love HSC Paper 2. (Ok, maybe not, but thank God it isn’t a trilogy!)
Each section of Paper 2 is different, so if you think you can memorise an essay and succeed, you’re kidding yourself. What you need is methodical preparation and critical marking. That’s what you’ll get in this course as we cover study skills, exam preparation, and practice papers.
Student Writing Outcomes:
- Full essays based on the HSC Modules A, and B
- Imaginative, reflective, persuasive, and discursive writing based on the HSC Module C.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Planning and writing under exam conditions
- Demonstrating understanding of your texts and the HSC modules
- Analysing, explaining, and assessing the various aspects of your texts
- Developing responses to a range of text types and questions.