Suitable for: Years 11-12
Prerequisites: Poetry for Beginners OR Poetry 2A.
Duration: 3 hours a week for 5 days; 15 hours total
Imagine I’m Shania Twain. Okay, so your notes are great? That don’t impress me much. What is impressive is being able to turn those notes into beautiful essays under the pressure of exam conditions.
Now that I think about it, that’s too easy. You should also be able to answer unseen questions based on the format of the HSC’s Paper 1. If you join our course, you’ll be able to write slick essays and tight short-answer responses under exam conditions. And unlike Brad Pitt, you might impress Shania Twain.
Student Writing Outcomes:
- Full essays based on the HSC Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences
- Short-answer responses to questions related to the Common Module
- Analytical paragraphs based on unseen texts.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Planning and writing under exam conditions
- Demonstrating understanding of human experiences in texts
- Analysing, explaining, and assessing the portrayal of human experiences
- Comprehending unseen texts
- Developing responses to a range of text types.