Suitable for: Years 11-12 | Duration: 2 hours a for 5 days; 10 hours total
Prerequisites: Poetry for Beginners OR Poetry 2A.
Your notes are perfect, your essays slick, and you can quote from your text backwards. Well, can you answer questions about texts you’ve never seen? In this course you will learn how to do just that. Over three days you will attempt a range of practice papers based on the format of the HSC’s Paper 1 Section 1. During this course you will learn how to develop short-answer responses to unseen texts in various text types.
Student Writing Outcomes:
- Short-answer responses to questions related to the Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences
- Analytical paragraphs based on unseen texts.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrating understanding of human experiences in texts
- Analysing, explaining, and assessing the portrayal of human experiences
- Comprehending unseen texts
- Developing responses to a range of text types